Monday, December 2, 2013

December Meeting Cancelled

Seasons greetings all.

As you know, we usually have a big meeting in December with numerous talks and door prizes. Unfortunately due to a number of factors I haven't had the time to organize this event this year and I've cancelled the room booking for Thursday night. This is disappointing for me but I wanted to reflect on the year we've just had.

In 2013 we've had:

  • two high profile international speakers (Udi Dahan and Greg Young), 
  • a TechEd Debrief Panel (which I though was very successful), 
  • a real world account of using of Azure (from James Miles), 
  • a couple of very well attended sessions from Joe Albahari, 
  • and a number of talks from other talented Perth folks including: Colin Scott (NancyFx), Tosh Afansiev (C++/CLI), Dave Gardner (Modular Javascript), Cameron MacFarland (Hardware Hacking), Doug Paice (Stateless library), and Robert Moore (Test Data Generation).

All in all I think it's been a great year and I look forward to seeing what 2014 brings.

Speaking of which, our next meeting will be Thursday February 6th, 2014. If you have a topic you'd like to present or hear more about feel free to drop me a line. In the meantime, we still catch up for coffee every Tuesday and you're invited. Keep an eye on the PerthDotNet twitter account for details about when/where.

If I don't see you beforehand, have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment